Prof John Munro - Nat Sch of Education (Faculty of Education and Arts)
Fully accredited supervisor - Can supervise as principal supervisor
My teaching and research interests are in gifted learning and talent development, creativity, literacy and math learning and learning difficulties, instructional leadership, school improvement and learning internationally.
|:||Staff Directory Profile|
- Knowledge representation by gifted learners (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- The influence of learner variables on creative thinking during the writing of extended essays (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- Mapping The Emergence Of Literacy-Related Knowledge In Preschool Students (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- The Effect of Explicit Strategy Instruction on Reading Comprehension Outcomes and Self Efficacy Beliefs for Students with Learning Difficulties (Master) (Principal Supervisor)
- The acquisition of inferential reading comprehension by primary school students (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
Who benefits from which reading intervention in the primary years? Match the intervention with the reading profile, in Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties
Classroom Promotion of Oral Language (CPOL): protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial of a school-based intervention to improve childrena??s literacy outcomes at grade 3, oral language and mental health., in BMJ Open 2017
Scenario problem solving: A measure of the quality of gifted students' thinking., in Australasian Journal of Gifted Education, 24 (1): 23-29
Oral language supports early literacy: A pilot cluster randomized trial in disadvantaged schools, in International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 16(5): 495a??506
High-ability learning and brain processes: How neuroscience can help us to understand how gifted and talented students learn and the implications for teaching, in How the Brain Learns: What lessons are there. ACER Research Conference, 2013
Effective strategies for implementing differentiated instruction, in What does research tell us about effective strategies?
Technology in the Development and Teaching of a Literacy Program for XXI Century Educatio, in Cases on Innovations in Educational Marketing: Transnational and Technological Strategies. Hershey, PA : IGI Global, pp. 104-117.
The high reliability literacy teaching procedures to building studentsa?? literacy knowledge, in Powerful Learning: A Strategy for Systemic Educational Improvement. Camberwell, Aus: Australian Council for Educational Research, pp 67-81.
Gifted students who have academic learning difficulties: analytic sequential processing problems ? , in Giftedness from an Indigenous Perspective (pp 10-21). Wollongong, NSW: AAEGT Ltd.
Enhancing reading comprehension through explicit comprehending strategy teaching, in Multiple Perspectives on Difficulties in Learning Literacy and Numeracy. New York: Springer