Dr Ross Clark - Nat Sch Exercise Science (Faculty of Health Sciences)
Fully accredited supervisor - Can supervise as principal supervisor
Falls, Physical Function Assessment ;
Quantitative data analysis ; Functional Assessment ; Clinical Research ;
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS - 2013
1. Clark RA, Bower K, Mentiplay B, Paterson K, Pua YH. Concurrent validity of the Microsoft Kinect for assessment of spatiotemporal gait variables. Journal of Biomechanics. 2013: in press.
2. Williams G, Weragoda N, Paterson K, Clark R. Cardiovascular fitness is unrelated to mobility limitations in ambulant people with traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation. 2013: in press.
3. Quek J, Pua YH, Clark RA, Bryant AL. Effects of thoracic kyphosis and forward head posture on cervical range of motion in older adults. Manual Therapy. 2013;18(1):65-71.
4. Quek J, Pua YH, Bryant AL, Clark RA. The influence of cervical spine flexion-rotation range-of-motion asymmetry on postural stability in older adults. Spine. 2013: in press.
5. Pua YH, Ong PH, Lee AYY, Tan J, Bryant AL, Clark RA. Preliminary prediction model for fear-induced activity limitation after total knee arthroplasty in people 60 years and older: Prospective cohort study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2013;94(3):503-9.
6. Pua YH, Clark RA, Ong PH, Bryant AL, Lo NN, Liang Z. Association between seated postural control and gait speed in knee osteoarthritis. Gait Posture. 2013;37(3):413-8.
7. Pearce AJ, Clark RA, Kidgell DJ. A comparison of two methods in acquiring stimulus-response curves with transcranial magnetic stimulation. Brain Stimulation. 2013;6(3):306-9.
8. Norton-Old KJ, Schache AG, Barker PJ, Clark RA, Harrison SM, Briggs CA. Anatomical and mechanical relationship between the proximal attachment of adductor longus and the distal rectus sheath. Clinical Anatomy. 2013;26(4):522-30.
9. Mentiplay BF, Clark RA, Mullins A, Bryant AL, Bartold S, Paterson K. Reliability and validity of the Microsoft Kinect for evaluating static foot posture. Journal of Foot and Ankle Research. 2013;6(1).
10. Liang Z, Clark RA, Bryant A, Quek J, Pua YH. Neck musculature fatigue affects specific frequency bands of postural dynamics during quiet standing. Gait Posture. 2013; - in press.
11. Joseph C, Bradshaw EJ, Kemp J, Clark RA. The inter-day reliability of ankle, knee, leg, and vertical musculoskeletal stiffness during hopping and over-ground running. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 2013; - in press.
12. Howells B, Clark R, Ardern C, Bryant AL, Feller J, Whitehead T, et al. Postural control and the influence of a secondary task in people with anterior cruciate ligament reconstructed knees. Br J Sports Med. 2013: in press.
13. Holmes JD, Jenkins ME, Johnson AM, Hunt MA, Clark RA. Validity of the Nintendo Wii balance board for the assessment of standing balance in Parkinson's disease. Clinical Rehabilitation. 2013;27(4):361-6.
14. Foo J, Paterson K, Williams G, Clark RA. Clinically feasible evaluation and real-time feedback of static and dynamic weight bearing asymmetry in patients with neurological conditions. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. 2013; - in press.
15. Clark RA, Pua Y, Bryant AL, Hunt M. Validity of the Microsoft Kinect for providing lateral trunk lean feedback during gait retraining. Gait Posture. 2013; - in press.
16. Bower K, Clark RA, McGinely J, Martin C, Miller K. Feasibility and efficacy of the Nintendo Wii gaming system to improve balance performance post-stroke: Protocol of a phase II randomised controlled trial in an inpatient rehabilitation setting. Games for Health. 2013; - in press.