Associate Professor Elspeth Froude - Nat School of Allied Health (Faculty of Health Sciences)
Fully accredited supervisor - Can supervise as principal supervisor
Elspeth Froude is Deputy Head of School, Allied Health (NSW) and Associate Professor (Head of Discipline) in Occupational Therapy.
Elspeth's research interests are in the area of working with children, cerebral palsy, autism and developmental coordination disorder and knowledge translation. Elspeth is a certified instructor of the Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) Approach: A cognitive approach to address child chosen motor goals.
Elspeth has also researched in the area of scholarship of learning and teaching in simulation.
|:||2582 (North Sydney)|
|:||Staff Directory ProfilePersonal Website|
- Caregiver decision making around outdoor play for children with disabilities (PhD) (Co-Supervisor)
- An investigation into the clinical utility of robot- assisted upper limb therapy within an Australian rehabilitative setting. (PhD) (Co-Supervisor)
- Functional Splinting Effectiveness (PhD) (Associate Supervisor)
- An investigation into the use of Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP Approach) to improve participation outcomes for clients with stroke (PhD) (Co-Supervisor)
- Developing the evidence base for a classification of functional visual ability for children with cerebral palsy. (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
Is play a choice? Application of the capabilities approach to children with disabilities on the school playground, in International Journal of Inclusive Education
Characteristics Influencing Diversity of Participation of Children in Activities Outside School, in American Journal of Occupational Therapy
Simulated versus traditional occupational therapy placements: A randomised controlled trial, in Australian Journal of Occupational Therapy
Effectiveness of Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance over and above functional hand splints for children with cerebral palsy or brain injury: a randomized controlled trial, in BMC Pediatrics
Developing competent videofluoroscopic swallowing study analysts, in Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
The Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) Approach: Best responders in children with cerebral palsy and brain injury, in Research in Developmental Disabilities
Planning for outdoor play: Government and family decision-making, in Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy