Professor Tania Aspland - Office of the Dir of Government Policy and Strategy (Non-Faculty Areas)
Fully accredited supervisor - Can supervise as principal supervisor
Tania Aspland is currently Professor in Teacher Education at the Australian Catholic University in Sydney. She was previously Professor and Head of Education at the University of Adelaide. She has been a leader in course development in teacher education for many years and is currently engaged in a number of research projects in higher education pedagogies in teacher education undergraduate and graduate courses, particularly in relation to professional standards and evidence based assessment. Tania Aspland has developed an international reputation for community capacity building in Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Hong Kong, The Philippines, and Vietnam. She has evidenced-based success with action learning as a project based learning strategy in developing countries. Tania Aspland is employed in off shore contexts in the field of curriculum development and curriculum evaluation and thesis supervision. She has also instigated new models of professional development within schools and universities, to support the process of curriculum development and leadership
|:||02 9701 4584 (North Sydney)|
|:||Staff Directory Profile|
- Perceptions of the use of participative management model and employee performance in the university sector in Malang, Indonesia (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- a??Knowledgea?? and a??Attitudea?? of Pre-service Teachers in South Australia about Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs) and other Blood-Borne Viruses (BBVs) (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- INSIGHTS INTO SELF CONCEPT AND TEST ANXIETY: ADOLESCENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH EITHER A VISION OR INTELLECTUAL IMPAIRMENT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- The Double Heuristic Method: Perspectives on how teachers deal with an alternative model for teaching in the VET Sector. (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
- Dealing with University Programmes: Perspectives of IT polytechnic students in Singapore (PhD) (Principal Supervisor)
Reshaping leadership in the academy: Balancing creativity and compliance agendas in higher education in Australia, in International Leadership Journal.
Sex education in South Australia: The past and the present. , in Sex Education: Sexuality, Society and Learning,
Australian higher education and the Course Experience Questionnaire: Insights, implications and recommendations., in Australian Universities Review,
Misconceptions of qualitative research design: Perspectives of examiners., in n M. Vicars, T. McKenna & J. White (Eds.). Discourse Power and Resistance Down Under Volume 2. Amsterdam: Springer Publishers.
Curriculum policies for students with special needs in Australia., in International Journal of Special Education, 27(3), 36-44.
Teacher Education for new times: Differentiate or die, in Journal of Research, policy & Practice of Teachers and Teacher Education
Teacher Education in Australia: Twists and turns, in In K. Karrs, & C. C. Wolhuter(Eds), International handbook on teachers education: Worldwide training, issues and challenges for teachersa?? profession. Athens: Atrapos Editions
Constructing a territory for professional practice research: Some introductory considerations. , in n A. Campbell, & S. Groundwater Smith, Action Research in Education. New Delhi: Sage Publication