Professor Lazar Stankov - Institute for Positive Psychology & Education (Faculty of Health Sciences)
Fully accredited supervisor - Can supervise as principal supervisor
I am a psychologist by training. My specialty is the study of individual differences in the following areas:
- Intelligence and cognitive abilities, including the study of biological aspects and aging, the role of cognitive processes and manipulations of difficulty and complexity, and personnel selection;
- Noncognitive (e.g., personality traits and self-beliefs) predictors of achievement and cognitive performance;
- Cross-cultural differences in cognitive and noncognitive processes; and
- The study of militant extremist mindset and terrorism.
Stankov, L., Kleitman, S., and Jackson, S. (2014). Measures of Trait Confidence. Ch. 7 in G. J. Boyle, G. Matthews and D. H. Saklofske, (Eds), Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Constructs. Academic Press. ISBN: 9780123869159
Morony, S., Kleitman, S., Lee, Y. P. & Stankov, L. (2013) Predicting achievement: Confidence vs self-efficacy, anxiety, and self-concept in Confucian and European countries. International Journal of Educational Research, 58, pp. 79a??96.
Stankov, L. (2013) Depression and life satisfaction among European and Confucian adolescents. Psychological Assessment, 25(4):1220-34. doi: 10.1037/a0033794. Epub 2013 Aug 5.
Stankov, L., Lee, J., Luo, W. & Hogan, D. J. (2012). Confidence: A better predictor of academic achievement than self-efficacy, self-concept and anxiety? Learning and Individual Differences. 22, pp. 747a??758.
Stankov, L., Saucier, G. & Kne??eviA?, G. (2011). Militant Extremist Mindset. Chapter 11 in S. Boag & N. Tiliopoulos (Eds.) Personality & Intelligence: Theory, Assessment, & Applications. Nova science Publishers, INC. (ISBN: 978-1-61122-070-4)
Stankov, L., Saucier, G. and Knezevic, G. (2010) Militant extremist mindset: Pro-Violence, Vile World, and Divine Power. Psychological Assessment, 22(1), pp.70-86.
Stankov, L. (2009). Conservatism and cognitive ability. Intelligence. 37, 294a??304.
Stankov, L. (2000). Complexity, metacognition, and fluid intelligence. Intelligence, 28(2), 121- 143.
Davies, M., Stankov, L. & Roberts, R. (1998). Emotional intelligence: In search of an elusive construct. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 75 (4), 989-1015.
My biographical information:
Born in former Yugoslavia
PhD in Psychology, University of Denver, USA
- The University of Sydney
- Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ, USA
- National Institute of Education, Singapore
- University of Western Sydny